SPS Pain Specialist Application
The title «SPS Pain Specialist®» is issued by the Swiss Pain Society and is valid for five years. Therapists and persons with this title are declared on a list here as «SPS Pain Specialist®». The title may appear under the signature on business stationery.
The title promotes the recognition of specific qualifications and competencies of SPS members in the field of pain medicine and does not affect the treatment fees in the health care system. The Society sees this title as an important step towards better recognition of pain medicine in Switzerland and towards quality promotion.
The title can only be acquired by SPS members.
SPS Head of Department for member management
Dr Nicolas Mariotti
He examines all title and recertification applications together with the SPS committee.
Send applications to: info(a)swisspainsociety.ch
Submit an application
The following documents are necessary for proper examination of the title application according to the regulations:
- completed application form
- a short resume
- a copy of the training diploma
- a copy of the SPS membership confirmation
- a copy of the diploma of an 50h or 80h pain course
(click here for the current pain courses)
- Copies of individual 30h continuing education courses
(only necessary if you have attended a 50h pain course – click here for SPS recognized continuing education courses)
Apply for recertification
The following documents are necessary for the recertification application to be processed according to the regulations after 5 years:
- completed application form for recertification
- Copies of the certificates of further education (total 50 credits)
(click here for the currently recognized training courses)
In order to obtain the title «SPS Pain Specialist ®», each applicant for the title must have completed 80h of pain training. Fully completed 80h courses recognized by the respective German-speaking pain societies (A, CH, D) are recognized for this purpose. The SPS offers 50h basic courses. The missing 30h can be collected through all further education courses recognized/accredited by the SPS.
List of all SPS pain specialists
Can title holders charge for anything special in pain therapy?
- No. The title promotes the recognition of specific qualifications and competencies of SPS members in the field of pain medicine and does not influence treatment fees in the health care system. The Society sees this title as an important step towards better recognition of pain medicine in Switzerland and towards quality promotion.
How many continuing education points must be submitted for recertification?
- 50 continuing education credits within the last 5 years
How many continuing education credits must be earned, or submitted, for 2020 due to the Corona situation?
- 0 continuing education credits. The entire 10 continuing education credits will be forgiven for 2020.