SIG Pain and movement
The SIG «Pain and Movement» sees itself as a point of contact for movement specialists who show great interest in pain medicine and/or are active in pain therapy. The diverse activities of movement therapists, movement scientists, occupational therapists, medical doctors, physiotherapists or psychologists in the fields of research, teaching and clinical work are brought together by SIG Pain and Movement in order
- to promote a network of movement specialists in the field of pain therapy and medicine
- to exchange information on effective, appropriate and economical application possibilities or treatment methods in pain therapy and medicine
- to develop well-founded treatment methods on the movement and action level in rehabilitation and prevention in an interdisciplinary way
- discuss new and current scientific findings from national research projects on pain
- to provide information about further education offers
The SIG «Pain and Movement» is open to all movement specialists. An open and integrative exchange between the disciplines involved is intended to promote mutual understanding in dealing with pain patients.
Activities of the SIG
Currently, the SIG Group is focusing on the development of an “educational tool”. The “Educational Tool” is intended to support the treatment process of people with chronic pain in a playful and creative way and to complement it haptically. The main objective is to illustrate non-verbal educational statements in pictures and to combine resource-oriented ideas on the action level in the “Educational Tool”.
In addition to this project, which is very important for us, we are pursuing ideas for movement-specific further training courses in the field of pain therapy and medicine in regional and national professional associations.
In order to increase the development process of the “Educational Tool”, we split up into two focus groups, which are currently working in parallel. Those interested in SIG Pain and Movement can request the next meetings of the focus groups from Thomas Frank, firstname.lastname@example.org,. We are always happy to hear from interested parties! Many thanks.
A current list of all SIG members can be viewed here in PDF format.