SIG Daily life and Pain
The SIG «Daily life and Pain» is a group of specialists in daily life with a great interest in pain medicine and/or are active involved in chronic pain therapy and management. In our Group are mostly occupational therapists, with the mindset to discuss the interwined connection of daily life and chronic pain.
Our aims are:
- To promote networking of occupational therapy in the field of pain therapy and medicine
- To discuss assessments and treatment approaches for optimizing the everyday life of pain clients in terms of effectiveness and feasibility.
- To discuss new and current scientific findings from national and international research projects regarding pain. With a focus on the relevance in the area of everyday life and pain.
- To collect information about further education offers and make it available to all members.
The SIG “Daily Life and Pain” is open to all specialists with an interest in daily life and treatment of chronic pain clients. The overall aim of our group is promoting and sharing knowledge about the treatment of chronic pain clients and their daily life management.
Activities of the SIG
We meet 3x/year in the Bern area and 1x/year at the SPS Congress.. At these meetings we follow a catalog of topics that we collected in the group last year and continuously update and supplement it.
- Make occupational therapy and its possibilities in the work with pain known in Swiss Pain, network with the other SIGs.
- Create a flyer about occupational therapy and its possibilities in working with pain.
Are you interested?
Please contact Silvia Längin laengin.racine(a)hispeed.ch to find out the date of the next meeting. We are looking forward to meeting you.
An up-to-date list of all SIG members can be viewed here.